January 3 – 5, 2020
The Tony®- Winning Broadway Musical
Click the dates below to purchase tickets.
THE SOLDIERS CAME HOME TO A NEW AMERICA
AND MADE MUSIC THAT INSPIRED THE NATION.
From three-time Tony® winner and Hamilton choreographer, Andy Blankenbuehler, comes a poignant and inspiring new American musical that explodes with infectious music and high-octane, heart-stopping dancing.
It’s 1945. As America’s soldiers come home to ticker-tape parades and overjoyed families, Private First Class Donny Novitski, singer and songwriter, struggles to rebuild the life he left behind.
When NBC announces a national competition to find the nation’s next great musical superstars, Donny sees a lifeline for himself and some fellow veterans that gives them the purpose they so desperately need. Together, they form a band unlike any the nation has ever seen. Along the way, they discover the power of music to face the impossible, find their voice, and finally feel like they have a place to call home.
BANDSTAND is “both a peppy celebration of can-do spirit and a more somber exploration of what American servicemen experienced when they marched home from World War II. It’s a great argument for why theater can sometimes tell a story more boldly and more viscerally” (The New York Times). “The show defies you not to be moved” (Time Out New York).
Purchase Bandstand Fastpass!
From The Show
“THE SHOW DEFIES YOU NOT TO BE MOVED BY ITS VALIANT BAND OF BROTHERS. Showstopping and impassioned, this resonant original musical delivers terrific dance numbers that burst with snazzy individuality and vitality, but its heart is in its shadows and in its efforts to shed light on them.”
-TimeOut New York
“AN OPENHEARTED NEW MUSICAL THAT GETS THE CROWD JUMPING!
It is both a peppy celebration of can-do spirit and a more somber exploration of what American servicemen experienced when they marched home from World War II. It’s a great argument for why theater can sometimes tell a story more boldly and more viscerally.”
-The New York Times
“* * * * [4 out of 4 stars] A HIGH-POWERED AND SUPERB NEW MUSICAL! AN URGENT TESTIMONIAL TO THE HEALING AND RESTORATIVE POWER OF THE ARTS.”
“AN ORIGINAL MUSICAL WITH LOADS OF FUN MUSIC, EXPRESSIVE DANCE, AND A WILL TO GRAPPLE WITH TOPICAL ISSUES. BANDSTAND MAKES A BIG DEAL ABOUT THE RESTORATIVE POWER OF MUSIC-MAKING.”
–New York Magazine
“VISUALLY AND EMOTIONALLY COMPELLING.”-Newsday
“EYE-POPPING, ROOF-RAISING, AND ASTONISHING! BANDSTAND IS STAGED WITH BREATHTAKING ORIGINALITY BY ANDY BLANKENBUEHLER.”
“A DAZZLING, STAND-UP-AND-CHEER NEW MUSICAL THAT’S A WHOLE LOT OF FUN TO WATCH. IT SHOULD NOT BE MISSED!”
This show is perfect for the whole family!
Thank You to Our Sponsors:
Know Before You Go
Our frequently asked questions and answers
Performances with open captioning are available upon request by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 256-518-6155 at least thirty days in advance of the scheduled performance.
Performances with audio description are available upon request by e-mailing email@example.com or by calling 256-518-6155 at least thirty days in advance of the scheduled performance.
Performances with sign language are available upon request by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 256-518-6155 at least thirty days in advance of the scheduled performance.
For other services and accommodations, visit our Accessibility Page here.
Photography and Video Recording is prohibited. All electronic devices (cell phones, smart phones, tablets, digital cameras) must be turned off before entering the seating area.
Each child, regardless of age, must have a ticket and sit in their seat during performances. Children who sit in another person’s lap block the view of the person behind you. Children should not be allowed to run around during the show.
Our lobby doors open 60 minutes prior to show time. Come early and enjoy drinks and concessions.
Please review our friendly etiquette refresher course and as you read on, remember part of one’s pact as an audience member is to take seriously the pleasure of others, a responsibility fulfilled by quietly attentive (or silently inattentive) and self-contained behavior. After all, you can be as demonstrative as you want during bows and curtain calls.
- Go easy with the perfume and cologne, many people are highly allergic.
- If you bring a child, make sure etiquette is part of the experience. Children love learning new things. Each child, regardless of age, must have a ticket and sit in their seat during performances. Children who sit in another person’s lap block the view of the person behind you. Children should not be allowed to run around during the show. View our Children’s Etiquette page.
- Please enjoy your snacks and drinks in the lobby and not inside the theatre.
- Please silence or turn off all electronic devices, including cell phones, beepers, and watch alarms. Please refrain from texting during performances, the glow from your device is distracting.
- The overture is part of the performance. Please cease talking at this point.
- The sound system for each show is provided by the touring production. Unfortunately, many variables exist that may occasionally hinder sound quality. The technical staff works very hard to provide the best possible sound for each performance.
- Keep in mind when you lean your heads together, you block the view of the people behind you.
- Please refrain from talking, humming, or singing along with the show, except when appropriate.
- Please wait for an appropriate moment to dig something out of your pocket or bag.
- Arrive early so you don’t cross over others after the show has started. If you are late, you may be re-seated until an appropriate time for you to get to your assigned seat.
- If you need assistance during the show, please go to your nearest volunteer usher. If additional assistance is needed the usher will get the appropriate person to further help you.
- Be courteous and everyone will enjoy the show.
- Unless otherwise directed, please sit in your assigned seat.
- Have a comment or question? Please visit BTL’s customer service desk in the front of the lobby. Or, contact us online.