Do you follow all the Golden Rules?
Please review our friendly etiquette refresher course and as you read on, remember part of one’s pact as an audience member is to take seriously the pleasure of others, a responsibility fulfilled by quietly attentive (or silently inattentive) and self-contained behavior. After all, you can be as demonstrative as you want during bows and curtain calls.
House Rules & Theatre Etiquette
- Go easy with the perfume and cologne, many people are highly allergic.
- If you bring a child, make sure etiquette is part of the experience. Children love learning new things. Each child, regardless of age, must have a ticket and sit in their seat during performances. Children who sit in another person’s lap block the view of the person behind you. Children should not be allowed to run around during the show.
- Please enjoy your snacks and drinks in the lobby and not inside the theatre.
- Please silence or turn off all electronic devices, including cell phones, beepers, and watch alarms. Please refrain from texting during performances, the glow from your device is distracting.
- The overture is part of the performance. Please cease talking at this point.
- The sound system for each show is provided by the touring production. Unfortunately, many variables exist that may occasionally hinder sound quality. Technical staff works very hard to provide the best possible sound for each performance.
- Dear Lovebirds, when you lean your heads together, you block the view of the people behind you.
- Please refrain from talking, humming, or singing along with the show, except when appropriate.
- Please wait for an appropriate moment to dig something out of your pocket or bag.
- Arrive early so you don’t cross over others after the show has started. If you are late, you may be reseated until an appropriate time for you to get to your assigned seat.
- If you need assistance during the show, please go to your nearest volunteer usher. If additional assistance is needed the usher will get the appropriate person to further help you.
- Just be courteous! and everyone will enjoy the show.
- Unless otherwise directed please sit in your assigned seat.
- Have a comment or question? Please visit BTL’s customer service desk in the front of the lobby.